English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788293112 | 544 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 36 MB
An end–to-end journey, empowering you to build real-time, scalable, and interactive mobile applications with the Ionic framework
Hybrid Apps are a promising choice in mobile app development to achieve cost-effectiveness and rapid development. Ionic has evolved as the most popular choice for Hybrid Mobile App development as it tends to match the native experience and provides robust components/tools to build apps. The Ionic Complete Developers course takes you on an end–to-end journey, empowering you to build real-time, scalable, and interactive mobile applications with the Ionic framework.
Starting with an introduction to the Ionic framework to get you up and running, you will gradually move on to setting up the environment, and work through the multiple options and features available in Ionic to build amazing hybrid mobile apps. You will learn how to use Cordova plugins to include native functionality in your hybrid apps.
You will work through three complete projects and build a basic to-do list app, a London tourist app, and a complete social media app. All three projects have been designed to help you learn Ionic at its very best. From setting up your project to developing on both the server side and front end, and best practices for testing and debugging your projects, you'll quickly be able to deliver high-performance mobile apps that look awesome.
You will then hone your skills with recipes for cross-platform development. Integrating Ionic with Cordova will bring you native device features, and you will learn about the best modules from its ecosystem. Creating components and customizing the theme will allow you to extend Ionic. You'll see how to build your app to deploy to all platforms to make you a confident start-to-finish mobile developer.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Getting Started with Ionic – by Rahat Khanna
- Ionic by Example – by Sani Yusuf
- Ionic Cookbook – by Hoc Phan
What You Will Learn
- Get to know about Hybrid Apps and AngularJS
- Set up a development environment to build Hybrid Apps
- Navigate around components and routing in Ionic
- Authenticate users using an e-mail password, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Retrieve data and store it using Firebase
- Access native device functionalities such as the camera, contact list, e-mail, and maps using NG-Cordova
- Integrate PhoneGap plugins with NG-Cordova
- Test your apps to improve and optimize performance