English | 2020 | ISBN: 1119545262 | 240 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Provides comprehensive coverage of the current state of IoT, focusing on data processing infrastructure and techniques
Written by experts in the field, this book addresses the IoT technology stack, from connectivity through data platforms to end-user case studies, and considers the tradeoffs between business needs and data security and privacy throughout. There is a particular emphasis on data processing technologies that enable the extraction of actionable insights from data to inform improved decision making. These include artificial intelligence techniques such as stream processing, deep learning and knowledge graphs, as well as data interoperability and the key aspects of privacy, security and trust. Additional aspects covered include: creating and supporting IoT ecosystems; edge computing; data mining of sensor datasets; and crowd-sourcing, amongst others. The book also presents several sections featuring use cases across a range of application areas such as smart energy, transportation, smart factories, and more. The book concludes with a chapter on key considerations when deploying IoT technologies in the enterprise, followed by a brief review of future research directions and challenges.
The Internet of Things: From Data to Insight
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the Internet of Things technology stack with focus on data driven aspects from data modelling and processing to presentation for decision making
- Explains how IoT technology is applied in practice and the benefits being delivered.
- Acquaints readers that are new to the area with concepts, components, technologies, and verticals related to and enabled by IoT
- Gives IoT specialists a deeper insight into data and decision-making aspects as well as novel technologies and application areas
- Analyzes and presents important emerging technologies for the IoT arena
- Shows how different objects and devices can be connected to decision making processes at various levels of abstraction
The Internet of Things: From Data to Insight will appeal to a wide audience, including IT and network specialists seeking a broad and complete understanding of IoT, CIOs and CIO teams, researchers in IoT and related fields, final year undergraduates, graduate students, post-graduates, and IT and science media professionals.