English | 2014 | ISBN: 0789753250 | 368 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Everything You Need to Know About Modern Computer Security, in One Book
Clearly explains all facets of information security in all 10 domains of the latest Information Security Common Body of Knowledge [(ISC)² CBK].
Thoroughly updated for today’s challenges, technologies, procedures, and best practices.
The perfect resource for anyone pursuing an IT security career.
Fully updated for the newest technologies and best practices, Information Security: Principles and Practices, Second Edition thoroughly covers all 10 domains of today’s Information Security Common Body of Knowledge.
Two highly experienced security practitioners have brought together all the foundational knowledge you need to succeed in today’s IT and business environments. They offer easy-to-understand, practical coverage of topics ranging from security management and physical security to cryptography and application development security.
This edition fully addresses new trends that are transforming security, from cloud services to mobile applications, “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) strategies to today’s increasingly rigorous compliance requirements. Throughout, you’ll find updated case studies, review questions, and exercises–all designed to reveal today’s real-world IT security challenges and help you overcome them.
Learn how to
- Recognize the evolving role of IT security
- Identify the best new opportunities in the field
- Discover today’s core information security principles of success
- Understand certification programs and the CBK
- Master today’s best practices for governance and risk management
- Architect and design systems to maximize security
- Plan for business continuity
- Understand the legal, investigatory, and ethical requirements associated with IT security
- Improve physical and operational security
- Implement effective access control systems
- Effectively utilize cryptography
- Improve network and Internet security
- Build more secure software
- Define more effective security policies and standards
- Preview the future of information security