English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-0135302156 | 500 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 54 MB
The Comprehensive Guide to Engineering and Implementing Privacy Best Practices
As systems grow more complex and cybersecurity attacks more relentless, safeguarding privacy is ever more challenging. Organizations are increasingly responding in two ways, and both are mandated by key standards such as GDPR and ISO/IEC 27701:2019. The first approach, privacy by design, aims to embed privacy throughout the design and architecture of IT systems and business practices. The second, privacy engineering, encompasses the technical capabilities and management processes needed to implement, deploy, and operate privacy features and controls in working systems.
In Information Privacy Engineering and Privacy by Design, internationally renowned IT consultant and author William Stallings brings together the comprehensive knowledge privacy executives and engineers need to apply both approaches. Using the techniques he presents, IT leaders and technical professionals can systematically anticipate and respond to a wide spectrum of privacy requirements, threats, and vulnerabilities–addressing regulations, contractual commitments, organizational policies, and the expectations of their key stakeholders.
- Review privacy-related essentials of information security and cryptography
- Understand the concepts of privacy by design and privacy engineering
- Use modern system access controls and security countermeasures to partially satisfy privacy requirements
- Enforce database privacy via anonymization and de-identification
- Prevent data losses and breaches
- Address privacy issues related to cloud computing and IoT
- Establish effective information privacy management, from governance and culture to audits and impact assessment
- Respond to key privacy rules including GDPR, U.S. federal law, and the California Consumer Privacy Act
This guide will be an indispensable resource for anyone with privacy responsibilities in any organization, and for all students studying the privacy aspects of cybersecurity.Homepage