This book presents a comprehensive discussion of the recent advances in Industry 4.0, manufacturing processes, and intelligent techniques. It will serve as an ideal reference text for graduate students and academic researchers in the fields of manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, and production engineering. This text introduces Industry 4.0, its evolution, and essential pillars of Industry 4.0 including calibration, metrology, quality control, robotics, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things.
It comprehensively covers important topics including the cold spray technique for additive manufacturing, tool condition monitoring, robotic manipulators, metrology, quality control, and the Internet of Things in Industry 4.0.
- Discusses additive manufacturing and applications of lasers in advanced manufacturing
- Covers sensors, actuators, and calibration techniques for next-generation industries
- Emphasizes the recycling of materials for sustainable manufacturing
- Explores latest advances in the Internet of Things, robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning in view of Industry 4.0
- Provides a conceptual framework of Industry 4.0 with the help of applications and case studies
The text is primarily written for graduate students and academic researchers in the fields of manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, and production engineering.Homepage