Work through multiple design projects to understand how Autodesk Fusion 360 helps improve efficiency and drafting
- Understand the project workflow of Autodesk Fusion 360
- Design and redesign projects while learning to fix errors
- Gain a better insight into repurposing real-world items into Fusion 360 for custom designs
Autodesk Fusion 360 has become an indispensable tool for designers, tinkerers, and engineers worldwide thanks to its versatility that allows for large-scale assemblies and smaller, quick 3D prints. If you’ve faced challenges with learning Fusion 360, this book will help you overcome them and build the confidence to design your own projects, explaining step-by-step instructions and the purpose of each tool.
In this book, you’ll dive into the design workspace and learn sketching fundamentals such as setting up a component, recognizing when a sketch is fully constrained, and parametrically flexing models. Through trial and error, you’ll work on multiple easy-to-build projects to create simple, useful items that can be quickly 3D printed for use around the house and then advance to much bigger projects that require joint connectivity and large assemblies.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to sketch fully parametric designs, translate them into 3D models, and create your own unique designs.
What you will learn
- Gain proficiency in Fusion 360 user interface, navigation, and functionality
- Create and transform simple 2D sketches into 3D models
- Manipulate and control parametric 2D sketches using dimensions
- Become familiar with drafting on paper and taking measurements with calipers
- Create a bicycle assembly part with Fusion 360
- Use the form environment to create organic shapes
- Render a 3D model and understand how to apply materials and lighting
- Generate 2D assembly model drawings for documentation purposes