English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787121782 | 436 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 54 MB
Learn the art of designing, implementing, and managing Cisco's networking solutions on datacenters, wirelessly, security and mobility to set up an Enterprise network.
Most enterprises use Cisco networking equipment to design and implement their networks. However, some networks outperform networks in other enterprises in terms of performance and meeting new business demands, because they were designed with a visionary approach.
The book starts by describing the various stages in the network lifecycle and covers the plan, build, and operate phases. It covers topics that will help network engineers capture requirements, choose the right technology, design and implement the network, and finally manage and operate the network. It divides the overall network into its constituents depending upon functionality, and describe the technologies used and the design considerations for each functional area. The areas covered include the campus wired network, wireless access network, WAN choices, datacenter technologies, and security technologies. It also discusses the need to identify business-critical applications on the network, and how to prioritize these applications by deploying QoS on the network.
Each topic provides the technology choices, and the scenario, involved in choosing each technology, and provides configuration guidelines for configuring and implementing solutions in enterprise networks.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the network lifecycle approach
- Get to know what makes a good network design
- Design components and technology choices at various places in the network (PINS)
- Work on sample configurations for network devices in the LAN/ WAN/ DC, and the wireless domain
- Get familiar with the configurations and best practices for securing the network
- Explore best practices for network operations