English | 2017 | ISBN: 1785286056 | 242 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
Build a complete, professional-quality, hybrid mobile application with Ionic
Ionic is an open source, front-end framework that allows you to develop hybrid mobile apps without any native-language hassle for each platform. It offers a library of mobile-optimized HTML, CSS, and JS components for building highly interactive mobile apps.
This book will help you to develop a complete, professional and quality mobile application with Ionic Framework. You will start the journey by learning to configure, customize, and migrate Ionic 1x to 3x. Then, you will move on to Ionic 3 components and see how you can customize them according to your applications. You will also implement various native plugins and integrate them with Ionic and Ionic Cloud services to use them optimally in your application. By this time, you will be able to create a full-fledged e-commerce application. Next, you will master authorization, authentication, and security techniques in Ionic 3 to ensure that your application and data are secure. Further, you will integrate the backend services such as Firebase and the Cordova iBeacon plugin in your application. Lastly, you will be looking into Progressive Web Applications and its support with Ionic, with a demonstration of an offline-first application.
By the end of the book, you will not only have built a professional, hybrid mobile application, but will also have ensured that your app is secure and performance driven.
What You Will Learn
- Use every Ionic component and its customization according to the application along with some important third party components
- Recently released Lazy Loading and Grid System supporting desktop application with Electron
- Integration of the various Ionic backend services and features such as Ionic Push, DB, Auth, Deploy in your application
- Exploration of white-listing, CORS, and various other platform security aspects to secure your application
- Synchronization of your data with the cloud server and fetching it in real time using Ionic Cloud and Firebase services
- Integration of the Cordova iBeacon plugin which will fetch contextual data on the basis of location and Websockets for real time communication for IOT based applications
- Implementation of offline functionality in your PWA application using service-worker, cache storage and indexedDB