English | 2017 | ISBN: 1783983063 | 374 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 16 MB
Exciting projects that will teach you how complex data can be exploited to gain maximum insights
Apache HBase is a non-relational NoSQL database management system that runs on top of HDFS. It is an open source, disturbed, versioned, column-oriented store and is written in Java to provide random real-time access to big Data.
We'll start off by ensuring you have a solid understanding the basics of HBase, followed by giving you a thorough explanation of architecting a HBase cluster as per our project specifications. Next, we will explore the scalable structure of tables and we will be able to communicate with the HBase client. After this, we'll show you the intricacies of MapReduce and the art of performance tuning with HBase. Following this, we'll explain the concepts pertaining to scaling with HBase. Finally, you will get an understanding of how to integrate HBase with other tools such as ElasticSearch.
By the end of this book, you will have learned enough to exploit HBase for boost system performance.
What You Will Learn
- Configure HBase from a high performance perspective
- Grab data from various RDBMS/Flat files into the HBASE systems
- Understand table design and perform CRUD operations
- Find out how the communication between the client and server happens in HBase
- Grasp when to use and avoid MapReduce and how to perform various tasks with it
- Get to know the concepts of scaling with HBase through practical examples
- Set up Hbase in the Cloud for a small scale environment
- Integrate HBase with other tools including ElasticSearch
This book is intended for developers and architects who want to know all about HBase at a hands-on level. This book is also for big data enthusiasts and database developers who have worked with other NoSQL databases and now want to explore HBase as another futuristic scalable database solution in the big data space.