English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786461353 | 396 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 23 MB
Save time and build fast, functional, and concurrent application using Haskell
Haskell is a purely functional language that has the great ability to develop large and difficult, but easily maintainable software.
Haskell Cookbook provides recipes that start by illustrating the principles of functional programming in Haskell, and then gradually build up your expertise in creating industrial-strength programs to accomplish any goal. The book covers topics such as Functors, Applicatives, Monads, and Transformers. You will learn various ways to handle state in your application and explore advanced topics such as Generalized Algebraic Data Types, higher kind types, existential types, and type families. The book will discuss the association of lenses with type classes such as Functor, Foldable, and Traversable to help you manage deep data structures.
With the help of the wide selection of examples in this book, you will be able to upgrade your Haskell programming skills and develop scalable software idiomatically.
What You Will Learn
- Use functional data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Understand the intricacies of the type system
- Create a simple parser for integer expressions with additions
- Build high-performance web services with Haskell
- Master mechanisms for concurrency and parallelism in Haskell
- Perform parsing and handle scarce resources such as filesystem handles
- Organize your programs by creating your own types and type classesc