English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789130287 | 460 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 15 MB
Discover how TypeScript allows you to build modern client-rich applications, thanks to its object-oriented capabilities and third-party tools like Angular and Web APIs
As you progress through the chapters, you’ll cover object programming concepts, such as classes, interfaces, and generics, and understand how they are related to, and similar in, both ES6 and C#. You will also learn how to use bundlers like WebPack to package your code and other resources. The book explains all concepts using practical examples of ASP.NET Core projects, and reusable TypeScript libraries. Finally, you’ll explore the features that TypeScript inherits from either ES6 or C#, or both of them, such as Symbols, Iterables, Promises, and Decorators.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to apply all TypeScript concepts to understand the Angular framework better, and you’ll have become comfortable with the way in which modules, components, and services are defined and used in Angular. You’ll also have gained a good understanding of all the features included in the Angular/ASP.NET Core Visual Studio project template.
What you will learn
- Organize, test, and package large TypeScript code base
- Add TypeScript to projects using TypeScript declaration files
- Perform DOM manipulation with TypeScript
- Develop Angular projects with the Visual Studio Angular project template
- Define and use inheritance, abstract classes, and methods
- Leverage TypeScript-type compatibility rules
- Build custom directives and attributes, and learn about animations