English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789530889 | 392 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 64 MB
Learn to design and deploy fully functioning microservices for your applications from scratch using Swift, Docker, and AWS
Book DescriptionThe capabilities of Swift language is extended to server-side development using popular frameworks like Vapor. This enables Swift programmers to implement the microservices approach which helps them design scalable and easy-to-maintain architecture for iOS, macOS, iPadOS, and watchOS applications.
This book is a complete guide to building microservices for iOS applications. We start by looking at Swift and Vapor as backend technologies and compare them to their alternatives. Going ahead, the book digs into the concept of microservices and will help you develop your first microservice. The case-study throughout this book is an eCommerce backend which you will write as a microservice application. Each microservice is broken down into details and written out as code throughout the book. The book discusses various aspects of server-side development like scalability, database options and Information flow for microservices that are unwrapped in the process. We will then discuss microservices testing and how it is different from testing a monolith application. The tools we explore on the way include Docker, Postman, and AWS.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build a ready-to-deploy application that can serve as a solid basis for future applications.
What you will learn
- Delve into the server-side Swift development concepts using practical examples
- Understand the microservices approach and why Swift is a great choice for building it
- Design and structure mobile and web applications using microservices architecture
- Learn about the available database options and which one to choose
- Scale and monitor your microservices
- Use Postman to automate testing for your microservices API