English | 2018 | ISBN: 1787284951 | 556 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 30 MB
Explore the reactive system and create efficient microservices with Spring Boot 2.1 and Spring Cloud
These days, businesses need a new type of system that can remain responsive at all times. This is achievable with reactive programming; however, the development of these kinds of systems is a complex task, requiring a deep understanding of the domain. In order to develop highly responsive systems, the developers of the Spring Framework came up with Project Reactor.
Hands-On Reactive Programming in Spring 5 begins with the fundamentals of Spring Reactive programming. You’ll explore the endless possibilities of building efficient reactive systems with the Spring 5 Framework along with other tools such as WebFlux and Spring Boot. Further on, you’ll study reactive programming techniques and apply them to databases and cross-server communication. You will advance your skills in scaling up Spring Cloud Streams and run independent, high-performant reactive microservices.
By the end of the book, you will be able to put your skills to use and get on board with the reactive revolution in Spring 5.1!
What you will learn
- Discover the difference between a reactive system and reactive programming
- Explore the benefits of a reactive system and understand its applications
- Get to grips with using reactive programming in Spring 5
- Gain an understanding of Project Reactor
- Build a reactive system using Spring 5 and Project Reactor
- Create a highly efficient reactive microservice with Spring Cloud
- Test, monitor, and release reactive applications