English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788295666 | 452 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 70 MB
Hands-On Penetration Testing on Windows: Unleash Kali Linux, PowerShell, and Windows debugging tools for security testing and analysis
Master the art of identifying vulnerabilities within the Windows OS and develop the desired solutions for it using Kali Linux.
Windows has always been the go-to platform for users around the globe to perform administration and ad hoc tasks, in settings that range from small offices to global enterprises, and this massive footprint makes securing Windows a unique challenge. This book will enable you to distinguish yourself to your clients.
In this book, you’ll learn advanced techniques to attack Windows environments from the indispensable toolkit that is Kali Linux. We’ll work through core network hacking concepts and advanced Windows exploitation techniques, such as stack and heap overflows, precision heap spraying, and kernel exploitation, using coding principles that allow you to leverage powerful Python scripts and shellcode.
We’ll wrap up with post-exploitation strategies that enable you to go deeper and keep your access. Finally, we’ll introduce kernel hacking fundamentals and fuzzing testing, so you can discover vulnerabilities and write custom exploits.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-versed in identifying vulnerabilities within the Windows OS and developing the desired solutions for them.
What you will learn
- Get to know advanced pen testing techniques with Kali Linux
- Gain an understanding of Kali Linux tools and methods from behind the scenes
- See how to use Kali Linux at an advanced level
- Understand the exploitation of Windows kernel drivers
- Understand advanced Windows concepts and protections, and how to bypass them using Kali Linux
- Discover Windows exploitation techniques, such as stack and heap overflows and kernel exploitation, through coding principles