English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789132243 | 206 Pages | PDF | 25 MB
Integrate an end-to-end logistic chain using IBM Blockchain and IoT platforms
Blockchain has been the hot topic of late thanks to cryptocurrencies. To make matters more interesting, the financial market is looking for ways to reduce operational costs and generate new business models, and this is where blockchain solutions come into the picture. In addition to this, with Internet of Things (IoT) trending and Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other devices flooding the market, you can now create cheap devices even at home.
Hands-On IoT Solutions with Blockchain starts with an overview of IoT concepts in the current business scenario. It then helps you develop your own device on the IBM Watson IoT platform and create your fi rst IoT solution using Watson and Intel Edison.Once you are familiar with IoT, you will learn about Blockchain technology and its use cases. You will also work with the Hyperledger framework and develop your own Blockchain network. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll work with problem statements and learn how to design your solution architecture so that you can create your own integrated Blockchain and IoT solution.
The next set of chapters will explain how to implement end-to-end Blockchain solutions with IoT using the IBM Cloud platform. By the end of this book, you will have mastered the convergence of IoT and Blockchain technology and exploited the best practices and drivers to develop a bulletproof integrated solution.
What you will learn
- Understand the key roles of IoT in the current market
- Study the different aspects of IBM Watson IoT platform
- Create devices, gateways, and applications connected to the platform
- Explore the fundamentals of Blockchain
- Define good use cases for Blockchain
- Discover the Hyperledger Fabric and Composer frameworks
- Develop an IBM Watson IoT application using a Intel Edison
- Integrate IoT with the Blockchain platform