English | 2019 | ISBN: 1788831437 | 210 Pages | EPUB | 23 MB
Discover the power of functional programming, lazy evaluation, monads, concurrency, and immutability to create succinct and expressive implementations
The book will help you understand the pros, cons, and core principles of functional programming in TypeScript. It will explain higher order functions, referential transparency, functional composition, and monads with the help of effective code examples. Using TypeScript as a functional programming language, you’ll also be able to brush up on your knowledge of applying functional programming techniques, including currying, laziness, and immutability, to real-world scenarios.
By the end of this book, you will be confident when it comes to using core functional and reactive programming techniques to help you build effective applications with TypeScript.
What you will learn
- Understand the pros and cons of functional programming
- Delve into the principles, patterns, and best practices of functional and reactive programming
- Use lazy evaluation to improve the performance of applications
- Explore functional optics with Ramda
- Gain insights into category theory functional data structures such as Functors and Monads
- Use functions as values, so that they can be passed as arguments to other functions