English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788998017 | 310 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Hands-on Design Patterns with Kotlin: GoF, Reactive patterns, Concurrent patterns and more
Make the most of Kotlin by leveraging design patterns and best practices to build scalable and high performing apps
Design patterns enable you as a developer to speed up the development process by providing you with proven development paradigms. Reusing design patterns helps prevent complex issues that can cause major problems, improves your code base, promotes code reuse, and makes an architecture more robust.
The mission of this book is to ease the adoption of design patterns in Kotlin and provide good practices for programmers.
The book begins by showing you the practical aspects of smarter coding in Kotlin, explaining the basic Kotlin syntax and the impact of design patterns. From there, the book provides an in-depth explanation of the classical design patterns of creational, structural, and behavioral families, before heading into functional programming. It then takes you through reactive and concurrent patterns, teaching you about using streams, threads, and coroutines to write better code along the way
By the end of the book, you will be able to efficiently address common problems faced while developing applications and be comfortable working on scalable and maintainable projects of any size.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with Kotlin principles, including its strengths and weaknesses
- Understand classical design patterns in Kotlin
- Explore functional programming using built-in features of Kotlin
- Solve real-world problems using reactive and concurrent design patterns
- Use threads and coroutines to simplify concurrent code flow
- Understand antipatterns to write clean Kotlin code, avoiding common pitfalls
- Learn about the design considerations necessary while choosing between architectures