English | 2020 | ISBN: 3030381400 | 620 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
This timely textbook presents a comprehensive guide to the core topics in cybersecurity, covering issues of security that extend beyond traditional computer networks to the ubiquitous mobile communications and online social networks that have become part of our daily lives. In the context of our growing dependence on an ever-changing digital ecosystem, this book stresses the importance of security awareness, whether in our homes, our businesses, or our public spaces.
This fully updated new edition features new material on the security issues raised by blockchain technology, and its use in logistics, digital ledgers, payments systems, and digital contracts.
Topics and features:
- Explores the full range of security risks and vulnerabilities in all connected digital systems
- Inspires debate over future developments and improvements necessary to enhance the security of personal, public, and private enterprise systems
- Raises thought-provoking questions regarding legislative, legal, social, technical, and ethical challenges, such as the tension between privacy and security
- Describes the fundamentals of traditional computer network security, and common threats to security
- Reviews the current landscape of tools, algorithms, and professional best practices in use to maintain security of digital systems
- Discusses the security issues introduced by the latest generation of network technologies, including mobile systems, cloud computing, and blockchain
- Presents exercises of varying levels of difficulty at the end of each chapter, and concludes with a diverse selection of practical projects
- Offers supplementary material for students and instructors at an associated website, including slides, additional projects, and syllabus suggestions
This important textbook/reference is an invaluable resource for students of computer science, engineering, and information management, as well as for practitioners working in data- and information-intensive industries.