English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1838823382 | 611 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 116 MB
Discover how to build, scale, and debug native iOS and Android applications from a single codebase using the Dart programming language
- Quickly build and iterate on your user interface (UI) with hot reload
- Fix bugs and prevent them from reappearing using Flutter’s developer tools and test suites
- Discover practical recipes for building mobile applications with Flutter
An open-source mobile framework for building native mobile apps using the Dart language, Flutter consolidates the best ideas emerging from native and web development. With this recipe-based guide focused on sound app design and core principles, you’ll learn how to solve cross-platform mobile development issues in a practical way. Unlike most other books on Flutter, the Flutter Cookbook covers error handling and debugging to ensure that your apps run more efficiently.
You’ll start by setting up Flutter and customizing your development environment. The book will explain the various tasks involved in app development such as UI/UX design, API design, and creating animations. You’ll then explore Dart programming for adding functionalities to your Android and iOS apps for truly native performance. You’ll get to grips with routing for managing your application codebase as you learn about the navigation and routing mechanism and material page routing for running your application. Throughout the book, you’ll find recipes for solving challenges in building a cross-platform application along with various aspects of running a single codebase on both Android and iOS mobile platforms.
By the end of this Flutter book, you’ll have learned everything you need to be able to write and deliver fully functional mobile apps.
What you will learn
- Build native iOS and Android apps from a single codebase
- Discover how to develop and think like a Dart programmer
- Find simple solutions to complex problems by applying the principle of composition over inheritance
- Create reusable architecture that can be applied to any type of app
- Quickly debug and solve problems before users can see them
- Enhance application performance for a truly native experience on Android and iOS
- Easily manage the app state with Streams and the BLoC pattern
- Understand Dart programming to customize your Flutter applications