English | 2015 | ISBN: 1491911181 | 356 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, EPUB | 40 MB
You can do more with Git than just build software. This practical guide delivers a unique people-first approach to version control that also explains how using Git as a focal point can help your team work better together. You’ll learn how to plan and pursue a Git workflow that not only ensures that you accomplish project goals, but also fits the immediate needs and future growth of your team.
The first part of the book on structuring workflow is useful for project managers, technical team leads, and CTOs. The second part provides hands-on exercises to help developers gain a better understanding of Git commands.
- Explore the dynamics of team building
- Walk through the process of creating and deploying software with Git
- Structure workflow to influence the way your team collaborates
- Learn a useful process for conducting code reviews
- Set up a shared repository and identify specific team members as contributors, consumers, or maintainers
- Know the why behind the Git commands your teammates use
- Use branching strategies to separate different approaches to your project
- Examine popular collaboration platforms: GitHub, Bitbucket, and GitLab