English | 2020 | ISBN: 1718501027 | 608 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 156 MB
A guide to using the Ghidra software reverse engineering tool suite.
The result of more than a decade of research and development within the NSA, the Ghidra platform was developed to address some of the agency’s most challenging reverse-engineering problems. With the open-source release of this formerly restricted tool suite, one of the world’s most capable disassemblers and intuitive decompilers is now in the hands of cybersecurity defenders everywhere — and The Ghidra Book is the one and only guide you need to master it.
In addition to discussing RE techniques useful in analyzing software and malware of all kinds, the book thoroughly introduces Ghidra’s components, features, and unique capacity for group collaboration. You’ll learn how to:
- Navigate a disassembly
- Use Ghidra’s built-in decompiler to expedite analysis
- Analyze obfuscated binaries
- Extend Ghidra to recognize new data types
- Build new Ghidra analyzers and loaders
- Add support for new processors and instruction sets
- Script Ghidra tasks to automate workflows
- Set up and use a collaborative reverse engineering environment
Dsigned for beginner and advanced users alike, The Ghidra Book will effectively prepare you to meet the needs and challenges of RE, so you can analyze files like a pro.