English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838553067 | 260 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 35 MB
Leverage the power of Tableau 2019.2’s new features to create impactful data visualization
Book Description Tableau is one of the leading data visualization tools and is regularly updated with new functionalities and features. The latest release, Tableau 2019.2, promises new and advanced features related to visual analytics, reporting, dashboarding, and a host of other data visualization aspects. Getting Started with Tableau 2019.2 will get you up to speed with these additional functionalities.
The book starts by highlighting the new functionalities of Tableau 2019.2, providing concrete examples of how to use them. However, if you’re new to Tableau, don’t worry – you’ll be guided through the major aspects of Tableau with relevant examples. You’ll learn how to connect to data, build a data source, visualize your data, build a dashboard, and even share data online. In the concluding chapters, you’ll delve into advanced techniques such as creating a cross-database join and data blending.
By the end of this book, you will be able to use Tableau effectively to create quick, cost-effective, and business-efficient Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
What you will learn
- Discover new functionalities such as ‘Ask Data’, the new way to interact with your data using natural language
- Connect tables and make transformations such as pivoting the field and splitting columns
- Build an efficient data source for analysis
- Design insightful data visualization using different mark types and properties
- Develop powerful dashboards and stories
- Share your work and interact with Tableau Server
- Use Tableau to explore your data and find new insights
- Explore Tableau’s advanced features and gear up for upcoming challenges