English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838645700 | 736 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 52 MB
Choose the smarter way to learn about containerizing your applications and running them in production.
Kubernetes is an open source orchestration platform for managing containers in a cluster environment. This Learning Path introduces you to the world of containerization, in addition to providing you with an overview of Docker fundamentals. As you progress, you will be able to understand how Kubernetes works with containers. Starting with creating Kubernetes clusters and running applications with proper authentication and authorization, you’ll learn how to create high-availability Kubernetes clusters on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and also learn how to use kubeconfig to manage different clusters. Whether it is learning about Docker containers and Docker Compose, or building a continuous delivery pipeline for your application, this Learning Path will equip you with all the right tools and techniques to get started with containerization.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will have gained hands-on experience of working with Docker containers and orchestrators, including SwarmKit and Kubernetes.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Kubernetes Cookbook – Second Edition by Hideto Saito, Hui-Chuan Chloe Lee, and Ke-Jou Carol Hsu
- Learn Docker – Fundamentals of Docker 18.x by Gabriel N. Schenker
What you will learn
- Build your own container cluster
- Run a highly distributed application with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Update or rollback a distributed application with zero downtime
- Containerize your traditional or microservice-based application
- Build a continuous delivery pipeline for your application
- Track metrics and logs for every container in your cluster
- Implement container orchestration to streamline deploying and managing applications