You’ll work through the most important issues in a clear and sensible way, using practical methods and tools to gain an understanding of non-functional requirements. This book answers questions on important topics such as state management, making a routing system, creating a REST client using fetch, and reveals the trade-offs and risks associated with choosing the wrong framework or tool for your project, as well as provides sustainability, and functional alternatives.
Frameworkless Front-End Development breaks down the concept of technical debt and the ways in which a framework can impact the lifespan of a project. Along with gaining a comprehensive and clear guide on coding effectively from scratch without frameworks, you will also learn some principles of technical decision-making.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand DOM manipulation
- Manage the state of a fronted application with different patterns
- Safely migrate existent applications to a new framework or to frameworkless code
- Understand the importance of non-functional requirements
- See how a Framework can affect the “health” of a codebase