Accelerate Business Value Realization and Drive Financial Accountability for Cloud Infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of establishing and operating the FinOps model.
- A collection of use cases examining the adoption and benefits of FinOps.
- Includes Cloud cost optimization solutions such as waste elimination, appropriate sizing, and purchasing strategy.
FinOps is a novel cloud operating model that uses interdisciplinary teams to manage cloud expenditures in concert. With the help of the tools, best practices, and culture introduced in this book, businesses can analyze cloud expenses and make strategic decisions in a better way. The book’s ultimate objective is to teach companies how to establish a reasonable cost, speed, and quality balance in the cloud.
The book begins with an overview of why FinOps exists, the problems it solves, the principles it is based on, and how it fits into the history of financial management. The subsequent chapters of this book explain the three stages—inform, optimize, and operate—and the best methods to use in each stage. The book then explains in depth, with examples, how to maximize efficiency while minimizing expenses for each of the three major public cloud providers: Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
The book also covers cost optimization techniques for the public cloud, FinOps operations management, cloud cost visibility, and forecasting..
What you will learn
- Highlights of the evolution and demand of FinOps by prominent organizations.
- Learn the ins and outs of the cloud billing system.
- Utilization of regression methods to extract insights from the FinOps data.
- Gain a thorough understanding of running all the FinOps processes.
- Investigate and test several ways to optimize your cloud spending.
- Learn about the various cloud benefits provided by Azure, AWS, and GCP.