English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484274989 | 1179 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 16 MB
Now in its fourth edition and covering Oracle Database 21c, this best-selling book continues to bring you some of the best thinking on how to apply Oracle Database to produce scalable applications that perform well and deliver correct results. Tom Kyte and Darl Kuhn share a simple philosophy: “you can treat Oracle as a black box and just stick data into it, or you can understand how it works and exploit it as a powerful computing environment.” If you choose the latter, then you’ll find that there are few information management problems that you cannot solve quickly and elegantly.
This fully revised fourth edition covers the developments and new features up to Oracle Database 21c. Up-to-date features are covered for tables, indexes, data types, sequences, partitioning, data loading, temporary tables, and more. All the examples are demonstrated using modern techniques and are executed in container and pluggable databases. The book’s proof-by-example approach encourages you to let evidence be your guide. Try something. See the result. Understand why the result is what it is. Apply your newfound knowledge with confidence. The book covers features by explaining how each one works, how to implement software using it, and the common pitfalls associated with it.
Don’t treat Oracle Database as a black box. Get this book. Dive deeply into Oracle Database’s most powerful features that many do not invest the time to learn about. Set yourself apart from your competition and turbo-charge your career.
What You Will Learn
- Identify and effectively resolve application performance issues and bottlenecks
- Architect systems to leverage the full power and feature set of Oracle’s database engine
- Configure a database to maximize the use of memory structures and background processes
- Understand internal locking and latching technology and how it impacts your system
- Proactively recommend best practices around performance for table and index structures
- Take advantage of advanced features such as table partitioning and parallel execution