English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788473040 | 288 Pages | EPUB | 30 MB
Ethereum Smart Contract Development: Advance your Blockchain career by learning Ethereum concepts and theories
Become an Ethereum Blockchain developer using a blend of concepts and hands-on implementations
Ethereum is a public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract functionality. This book is your one-stop guide to blockchain and Ethereum smart contract development.
We start by introducing you to the basics of blockchain. You'll learn about hash functions, Merkle trees, forking, mining, and much more. Then you'll learn about Ethereum and smart contracts, and we'll cover Ethereum virtual machine (EVM) in detail. Next, you'll get acquainted with DApps and DAOs and see how they work. We'll also delve into the mechanisms of advanced smart contracts, taking a practical approach.
You'll also learn how to develop your own cryptocurrency from scratch in order to understand the business behind ICO. Further on, you'll get to know the key concepts of the Solidity programming language, enabling you to build decentralized blockchain-based applications. We'll also look at enterprise use cases, where you'll build a decentralized microblogging site.
At the end of this book, we discuss blockchain-as-a-service, the dark web marketplace, and various advanced topics so you can get well versed with the blockchain principles and ecosystem.
What You Will Learn
- Know how to build your own smart contracts and cryptocurrencies
- Understand the Solidity language
- Find out about data types, control structure, functions, inheritance, mathematical operations, and much more
- See the various types of forks and discover how they are related to Ethereum
- Get to know the various concepts of web3.js and its APIs so you can build client-side apps
- Build a DAO from scratch and acquire basic knowledge of DApps on Ethercast
- Be guided through the project so you can optimize EVM for smart contracts
- Build your own decentralized applications (DApps) by taking a practical approach