English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785883309 | 324 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Leverage the full potential of Entity Framework with this collection of powerful and easy-to-follow recipes
Entity Framework is a highly recommended Object Relation Mapping tool used to build complex systems. In order to survive in this growing market, the knowledge of a framework that helps provide easy access to databases, that is, Entity Framework has become a necessity. This book will provide .NET developers with this knowledge and guide them through working efficiently with data using Entity Framework Core.
You will start off by learning how to efficiently use Entity Framework in practical situations. You will gain a deep understanding of mapping properties and find out how to handle validation in Entity Framework. The book will then explain how to work with transactions and stored procedures along with improving Entity Framework using query libraries. Moving on, you will learn to improve complex query scenarios and implement transaction and concurrency control. You will then be taught to improve and develop Entity Framework in complex business scenarios. With the concluding chapter on performance and scalability, this book will get you ready to use Entity Framework proficiently.
What You Will Learn
- Master the technique of using sequence key generators
- Validate groups of entities that are to be saved / updated
- Improve MVC applications that cover applications developed using ASP.NET MVC Core 1
- Retrieve database information (table, column names, and so on) for entities
- Discover optimistic concurrency control and pessimistic concurrency control.
- Implement Multilatency on the data side of things.
- Enhance the performance and/or scalability of Entity Framework Core
- Explore and overcome the pitfalls of Entity Framework Core