English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800569829 | 534 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 41 MB
Develop the skill to manage and administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux and get ready to achieve the RHCSA certification
- Learn the most common administration and security tasks and manage enterprise Linux infrastructures efficiently
- Assess your knowledge using self-assessment questions based on real-world examples
- Understand how to apply the concepts of core systems administration in the real world
Whether in infrastructure or development, as a DevOps or site reliability engineer, Linux skills are now more relevant than ever for any IT job, forming the foundation of understanding the most basic layer of your architecture. With Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) becoming the most popular choice for enterprises worldwide, achieving the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification will validate your Linux skills to install, configure, and troubleshoot applications and services on RHEL systems.
Complete with easy-to-follow tutorial-style content, self-assessment questions, tips, best practices, and practical exercises with detailed solutions, this book covers essential RHEL commands, user and group management, software management, networking fundamentals, and much more. You’ll start by learning how to create an RHEL 8 virtual machine and get to grips with essential Linux commands. You’ll then understand how to manage users and groups on an RHEL 8 system, install software packages, and configure your network interfaces and firewall. As you advance, the book will help you explore disk partitioning, LVM configuration, Stratis volumes, disk compression with VDO, and container management with Podman, Buildah, and Skopeo.
By the end of this book, you’ll have covered everything included in the RHCSA EX200 certification and be able to use this book as a handy, on-the-job desktop reference guide.
This book and its contents are solely the work of Miguel Pérez Colino, Pablo Iranzo Gómez, and Scott McCarty. The content does not reflect the views of their employer (Red Hat Inc.). This work has no connection to Red Hat, Inc. and is not endorsed or supported by Red Hat, Inc.
What you will learn
- Deploy RHEL 8 in different footprints, from bare metal and virtualized to the cloud
- Manage users and software on local and remote systems at scale
- Discover how to secure a system with SELinux, OpenSCAP, and firewalld
- Gain an overview of storage components with LVM, Stratis, and VDO
- Master remote administration with passwordless SSH and tunnels
- Monitor your systems for resource usage and take actions to fix issues
- Understand the boot process, performance optimizations, and containers