English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788399210 | 456 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Embedded Linux Development Using Yocto Project Cookbook – Second Edition: Practical recipes to help you leverage the power of Yocto to build exciting Linux-based systems
Over 79 hands-on recipes for professional embedded Linux developers to optimize and boost their Yocto Project know-how
The Yocto Project has become the de facto distribution build framework for reliable and robust embedded systems with a reduced time to market.
You’ll get started by working on a build system where you set up Yocto, create a build directory, and learn how to debug it. Then, you’ll explore everything about the BSP layer, from creating a custom layer to debugging device tree issues. In addition to this, you’ll learn how to add a new software layer, packages, data, scripts, and configuration files to your system. You will then cover topics based on application development, such as using the Software Development Kit and how to use the Yocto project in various development environments. Toward the end, you will learn how to debug, trace, and profile a running system. This second edition has been updated to include new content based on the latest Yocto release.
What You Will Learn
- Optimize your Yocto Project setup to speed up development and debug build issues
- Use Docker containers to build Yocto Project-based systems
- Take advantage of the user-friendly Toaster web interface to the Yocto Project build system
- Build and debug the Linux kernel and its device trees
- Customize your root filesystem with already-supported and new Yocto packages
- Optimize your production systems by reducing the size of both the Linux kernel and root filesystems
- Explore the mechanisms to increase the root filesystem security
- Understand the open source licensing requirements and how to comply with them when cohabiting with proprietary programs
- Create recipes, and build and run applications in C, C++, Python, Node.js, and Java