English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786465580 | 590 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 16 MB
Over 170 advanced recipes to search, analyze, deploy, manage, and monitor data effectively with Elasticsearch 5.x
ElasticSearch is a Lucene-based distributed search server that allows users to index and search unstructured content with petabytes of data. This book is your one-stop guide to master the complete ElasticSearch ecosystem.
We’ll guide you through comprehensive recipes on what’s new in ElasticSearch 5.0, showing you how to create complex queries and analytics, and perform index mapping, aggregation, and scripting. Further on, you will explore the modules of Cluster and Node monitoring and see ways to back up and restore a snapshot of an index.
You will understand how to install Kibana to monitor a cluster and also to extend Kibana for plugins. Finally, you will also see how you can integrate your Java, Scala, Python, and big data applications with ElasticSearch, and add enhanced functionalities with custom plugins.
By the end of this book, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of the ElasticSearch architecture, and will be able to manage data efficiently and effectively with ElasticSearch.
What you will learn
- Choose the best ElasticSearch cloud topology to deploy, and power it up with external plugins
- Develop tailored mapping to take full control of index steps
- Build complex queries by managing indices and documents
- Optimize search results through executing analytics aggregations
- Monitor the performance of a cluster and the nodes
- Install Kibana to monitor a cluster and extend Kibana for plugins
- Integrate ElasticSearch in Java, Scala, Python, and big data applications