English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785280696 | 164 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
Pen test your system like a pro and overcome vulnerabilities by leveraging Python scripts, libraries, and tools
Penetration testing is a practice of testing a computer system, network, or web application to find weaknesses in security that an attacker can exploit. Effective Python Penetration Testing will help you utilize your Python scripting skills to safeguard your networks from cyberattacks.
We will begin by providing you with an overview of Python scripting and penetration testing. You will learn to analyze network traffic by writing Scapy scripts and will see how to fingerprint web applications with Python libraries such as ProxMon and Spynner.
Moving on, you will find out how to write basic attack scripts, and will develop debugging and reverse engineering skills with Python libraries. Toward the end of the book, you will discover how to utilize cryptography toolkits in Python and how to automate Python tools and libraries.
What You Will Learn
- Write Scapy scripts to investigate network traffic
- Get to know application fingerprinting techniques with Python
- Understand the attack scripting techniques
- Write fuzzing tools with pentesting requirements
- Learn basic attack scripting methods
- Utilize cryptographic toolkits in Python
- Automate pentesting with Python tools and libraries