English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786466365 | 262 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 35 MB
From data to actionable business insights using Amazon QuickSight!
Amazon QuickSight is the next-generation Business Intelligence (BI) cloud service that can help you build interactive visualizations on top of various data sources hosted on Amazon Cloud Infrastructure. QuickSight delivers responsive insights into big data and enables organizations to quickly democratize data visualizations and scale to hundreds of users at a fraction of the cost when compared to traditional BI tools.
This book begins with an introduction to Amazon QuickSight, feature differentiators from traditional BI tools, and how it fits in the overall AWS big data ecosystem. With practical examples, you will find tips and techniques to load your data to AWS, prepare it, and finally visualize it using QuickSight. You will learn how to build interactive charts, reports, dashboards, and stories using QuickSight and share with others using just your browser and mobile app.
The book also provides a blueprint to build a real-life big data project on top of AWS Data Lake Solution and demonstrates how to build a modern data lake on the cloud with governance, data catalog, and analysis. It reviews the current product shortcomings, features in the roadmap, and how to provide feedback to AWS.
Grow your profits, improve your products, and beat your competitors.
What You Will Learn
- Steps to test drive QuickSight and see how it fits in AWS big data eco system
- Load data from various sources such as S3, RDS, Redshift, Athena, and SalesForce and visualize using QuickSight
- Understand how to prepare data using QuickSight without the need of an IT developer
- Build interactive charts, reports, dashboards, and storyboards using QuickSight
- Access QuickSight using the mobile application
- Architect and design for AWS Data Lake Solution, leveraging AWS hosted services
- Build a big data project with step-by-step instructions for data collection, cataloguing, and analysis
- Secure your data used for QuickSight from S3, RedShift, and RDS instances
- Manage users, access controls, and SPICE capacity