English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787286986 | 196 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 23 MB
Fast, intensive, and effective Docker learning
Docker allows you to create a robust and resilient environment to generate portable, composable, scalable, and stable application containers.
The book starts by installing the core Docker Engine on MacOS, Windows 10 and Linux desktops. We will then define multi-container applications and understand the advantages of using containers locally. Once this is done, we will deploy containers on a single Docker host which is publicly accessible. Furthermore, we will learn how to deploy and configure a Docker Swarm cluster and explore networking and storage third-party plugins to extend the core Docker functionality. Towards the end, the book will demonstrate how to monitor and troubleshoot day-to-day problems in addition to various real world examples of container deployments.
What You Will Learn
- Use Docker Compose to make multi-container applications easier to launch
- Launch Docker hosts in various public clouds
- Deploy and configure a Docker Swarm cluster.
- Work with third-party plugins to extend core Docker functionality
- Monitor containers and hosts and explore commands to troubleshoot Docker