English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78588-969-1 | 156 Pages | EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 | 11 MB
CPU-intensive data processing tasks have become crucial considering the complexity of the various big data applications that are used today. Reducing the CPU utilization per process is very important to improve the overall speed of applications.
This book will teach you how to perform parallel execution of computations by distributing them across multiple processors in a single machine, thus improving the overall performance of a big data processing task. We will cover synchronous and asynchronous models, shared memory and file systems, communication between various processes, synchronization, and more.
What You Will Learn
- Get an introduction to parallel and distributed computing
- See synchronous and asynchronous programming
- Explore parallelism in Python
- Distributed application with Celery
- Python in the Cloud
- Python on an HPC cluster
- Test and debug distributed applications