English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1484227985 | 284 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Use this hands-on guide to understand the ever growing and complex world of digital security. Learn how to protect yourself from digital crime, secure your communications, and become anonymous online using sophisticated yet practical tools and techniques.
This book teaches you how to secure your online identity and personal devices, encrypt your digital data and online communications, protect cloud data and Internet of Things (IoT), mitigate social engineering attacks, keep your purchases secret, and conceal your digital footprint. You will understand best practices to harden your operating system and delete digital traces using the most widely used operating system, Windows.
Digital Privacy and Security Using Windows offers a comprehensive list of practical digital privacy tutorials in addition to being a complete repository of free online resources and tools assembled in one place. The book helps you build a robust defense from electronic crime and corporate surveillance. It covers general principles of digital privacy and how to configure and use various security applications to maintain your privacy, such as TOR, VPN, and BitLocker. You will learn to encrypt email communications using Gpg4win and Thunderbird.
What You’ll Learn
- Know the various parties interested in having your private data
- Differentiate between government and corporate surveillance, and the motivations behind each one
- Understand how online tracking works technically
- Protect digital data, secure online communications, and become anonymous online
- Cover and destroy your digital traces using Windows OS
- Secure your data in transit and at rest
- Be aware of cyber security risks and countermeasures
Who This Book Is For
End users, information security professionals, management, infosec students