English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788396646 | 382 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 90 MB
Learn to implement DevOps using Docker & Kubernetes.
Containerization is said to be the best way to implement DevOps. Google developed Kubernetes, which orchestrates containers efficiently and is considered the frontrunner in container orchestration. Kubernetes is an orchestrator that creates and manages your containers on clusters of servers. This book will guide you from simply deploying a container to administrate a Kubernetes cluster, and then you will learn how to do monitoring, logging, and continuous deployment in DevOps. The initial stages of the book will introduce the fundamental DevOps and the concept of containers. It will move on to how to containerize applications and deploy them into. The book will then introduce networks in Kubernetes. We then move on to advanced DevOps skills such as monitoring, logging, and continuous deployment in Kubernetes. It will proceed to introduce permission control for Kubernetes resources via attribute-based access control and role-based access control. The final stage of the book will cover deploying and managing your container clusters on the popular public cloud Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. At the end of the book, other orchestration frameworks, such as Docker Swarm mode, Amazon ECS, and Apache Mesos will be discussed.
What You Will Learn
- Learn fundamental and advanced DevOps skills and tools
- Get a comprehensive understanding for container
- Learn how to move your application to container world
- Learn how to manipulate your application by Kubernetes
- Learn how to work with Kubernetes in popular public cloud
- Improve time to market with Kubernetes and Continuous Delivery
- Learn how to monitor, log, and troubleshoot your application with Kubernetes