English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1838822934 | 334 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 158 MB
Redefine your software development experience by understanding the extensive features and rich functionalities offered by Visual Studio Code
Microsoft Visual Studio Code is a powerful, lightweight code editor for modern web and cloud development. It is a source code editor that can be used with a variety of programming languages, which works on multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows, and macOS. This book provides extensive coverage of the tools, functionalities, and extensions available within the VS Code environment that will help you build multi-platform apps with ease.
You’ll start with the installation of VS Code and learn about various tools and features that are essential for development. Progressing through the chapters, you’ll explore the user interface while understanding tips and tricks for increasing productivity. Next, you’ll delve into VS Code extensions and discover how they can make life easier for developers. Later, the book shows you how to develop a sample application with different programming languages, tools, and runtimes to display how VS code can be used effectively for development, before helping you get to grips with source code version management and deployment on Azure with VS Code. Finally, you’ll build on your skills by focusing on remote development with VS Code.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the knowledge you need to use Visual Studio Code as your primary tool for software development.
What you will learn
- Explore various editing, formatting, and navigational features of VS Code
- Understand how to add, delete, and configure extensions in VS Code
- Develop web APIs using Node.js, Java, and Python in VS Code
- Develop background service in .NET Core and explore Dapr
- Delve into debugging techniques such as breakpoints, log points, and data inspection
- Use Git with Azure DevOps to share and synchronize code with VS Code
- Create custom extensions in VS Code to increase developer productivity
- Understand the concepts of remote development using VS Code