English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1804611715 | 296 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 45 MB
Successfully modernize your apps on Azure using APIs, event-driven systems, functions, and Service Fabric and connect them to different relational and non-relational databases
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Understand Function-as-a-Service and Azure Service Fabric for distributed applications
- Develop event-based and message-based solutions using Event Grid and Azure Event Hubs
- Explore continuous deployment for Docker with Azure DevOps and integrate Docker Hub with CI/CD pipelines
To deliver software at a faster rate and reduced costs, companies with stable legacy systems and growing data volumes are trying to modernize their applications and accelerate innovation, but this is no easy matter. A Developer’s Guide to Building Resilient Cloud Applications with Azure helps you overcome these application modernization challenges to build secure and reliable cloud-based applications on Azure and connect them to databases with the help of easy-to-follow examples.
The book begins with a basic definition of serverless and event-driven architecture and Database-as-a-Service, before moving on to an exploration of the different services in Azure, namely Azure API
Management using the gateway pattern, event-driven architecture, Event Grid, Azure Event Hubs, Azure message queues, FaaS using Azure Functions, and the database-oriented cloud. Throughout the chapters, you’ll learn about creating, importing, and managing APIs and Service Fabric in Azure, and discover how to ensure continuous integration and deployment in Azure to fully automate the software delivery process, that is, the build and release process.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build and deploy cloud-oriented applications using APIs, serverless, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, and Event Grid technologies.
What you will learn
- Understand the architecture of Azure Functions and Azure Service Fabric
- Explore Platform-as-a-Service options for deploying SQL Server in Azure
- Create and manage Azure Storage and Azure Cosmos DB resources
- Leverage big data storage in Azure services
- Select Azure services to deploy according to a specific scenario
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to deploy container applications on Azure DevOps
- Get to grips with API gateway patterns and Azure API Management
Resolve the captcha to access the links!