English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1801072212 | 356 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 20 MB
A complete reference for designing and building scalable microservices platforms with NATS messaging technology for inter-service communication with security and observability
- Understand the use of a messaging backbone for inter-service communication in microservices architecture
- Design and build a real-world microservices platform with NATS as the messaging backbone using the Go programming language
- Explore security, observability, and best practices for building a microservices platform with NATS
Building a scalable microservices platform that caters to business demands is critical to the success of that platform. In a microservices architecture, inter-service communication becomes a bottleneck when the platform scales. This book provides a reference architecture along with a practical example of how to implement it for building microservices-based platforms with NATS as the messaging backbone for inter-service communication.
In Designing Microservices Platforms with NATS, you’ll learn how to build a scalable and manageable microservices platform with NATS. The book starts by introducing concepts relating to microservices architecture, inter-service communication, messaging backbones, and the basics of NATS messaging. You’ll be introduced to a reference architecture that uses these concepts to build a scalable microservices platform and guided through its implementation. Later, the book touches on important aspects of platform securing and monitoring with the help of the reference implementation. Finally, the book concludes with a chapter on best practices to follow when integrating with existing platforms and the future direction of microservices architecture and NATS messaging as a whole.
By the end of this microservices book, you’ll have developed the skills to design and implement microservices platforms with NATS.
What you will learn
- Understand the concepts of microservices architecture
- Get to grips with NATS messaging technology
- Handle transactions and message delivery guarantees with microservices
- Implement a reference architecture for microservices using NATS
- Discover how to improve the platform’s security and observability
- Explore how a NATS microservices platform integrates with an enterprise ecosystem