English | 2019 | ISBN: 0134506784 | 464 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Protect Your Organization Against Massive Data Breaches and Their Consequences
Data breaches can be catastrophic, but they remain mysterious because victims don’t want to talk about them. In Data Breaches, world-renowned cybersecurity expert Sherri Davidoff shines a light on these events, offering practical guidance for reducing risk and mitigating consequences. Reflecting extensive personal experience and lessons from the world’s most damaging breaches, Davidoff identifies proven tactics for reducing damage caused by breaches and avoiding common mistakes that cause them to spiral out of control.
You’ll learn how to manage data breaches as the true crises they are; minimize reputational damage and legal exposure; address unique challenges associated with health and payment card data; respond to hacktivism, ransomware, and cyber extortion; and prepare for the emerging battlefront of cloud-based breaches.
- Understand what you need to know about data breaches, the dark web, and markets for stolen data
- Limit damage by going beyond conventional incident response
- Navigate high-risk payment card breaches in the context of PCI DSS
- Assess and mitigate data breach risks associated with vendors and third-party suppliers
- Manage compliance requirements associated with healthcare and HIPAA
- Quickly respond to ransomware and data exposure cases
- Make better decisions about cyber insurance and maximize the value of your policy
- Reduce cloud risks and properly prepare for cloud-based data breaches
Data Breaches is indispensable for everyone involved in breach avoidance or response: executives, managers, IT staff, consultants, investigators, students, and more. Read it before a breach happens!