English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838827366 | 386 Pages | PDF | 12 MB
Explore the principles and practicalities of quantum computing
Quantum computing is making us change how we think about computers. Quantum bits, a.k.a. qubits, may make it possible to solve problems that would otherwise be intractable with current computing technology.
Dancing with Qubits starts with an overview of why quantum computing is so different from classical computing and describes several industry use cases where it may have a major impact. From there it moves on to a fuller description of classical computing and the mathematical underpinnings necessary to understand such concepts as superposition, entanglement, and interference. Next up is circuits and algorithms, both basic and more sophisticated. It then nicely moves on to provide a survey of the physics and engineering ideas behind how quantum computing hardware is built. Finally, it looks to the future and gives you a guide to understand how further developments will affect you.
Really understanding quantum computing requires a lot of math, and this book doesn’t shy away from the necessary math concepts you’ll need. Each topic is introduced and explained thoroughly, in clear English with helpful examples.
What you will learn
- See how Quantum Computing works, what makes it different, and why it could be so powerful
- Discover the complex, mind-bending mechanics that underpin quantum systems
- Understand the necessary concepts behind classical and quantum computing
- Refresh and extend your grasp of computing, quantum theory, and quantum computing
- Explore the main applications of quantum computing to scientific computing, AI, and elsewhere
- Comprehend the detailed overview of qubits, quantum circuits, and quantum algorithm