English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-0367506018 | 768 Pages | PDF | 140 MB
This tutorial-based book allows readers to create a first-person game from start to finish using industry-standard (and free to student) tools of Unity, Substance Painter, and Maya. The first half of the book lays out the basics of using Maya and Substance Painter to create game-ready assets. This includes polygonal modeling, UV layout, and custom texture painting. The book then covers rigging and animation solutions to create assets to be placed in the game, including animated first-person assets and motion-captured NPC animations. Finally, readers can put it all together and build interactivity that allows the player to create a finished game using the assets built and animated earlier in the book.
- Written by industry professionals with real-world experience in building assets and games
- Build a complete game from start to finish
- Learn what the pros use: construct all assets using the tools used at game studios across the world
- All software used are free to students
- When complete, students will have a playable version of an FPS game