English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-4919-1806-7 | 624 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 70 MBYou can easily create a professional-looking website with nothing more than an ordinary computer and some raw ambition. Want to build a blog, sell products, create forums, or promote an event? No problem! This friendly, jargon-free book gives you the techniques, tools, and advice you need to build a site and get it up on the Web. The important stuff you need to know:
- Master the basics. Learn HTML5, the language of the Web.
- Design good-looking pages. Use styles to build polished layouts.
- Get it online. Find a reliable web host and pick a good web address.
- Use time-saving tools. Learn free tools for creating web pages and tracking your visitors.
- Attract visitors. Make sure people can find your site through popular search engines like Google.
- Build a community. Encourage repeat visits with social media.
- Bring in the cash. Host Google ads, sell Amazon’s wares, or push your own products that people can buy via PayPal.