English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788398510 | 346 Pages | EPUB | 69 MB
Continuous Delivery for Mobile with fastlane: Automating mobile application development and deployment for iOS and Android
Learn continuous deployment and automation with code-signing, continuous testing, building, deploying, and releasing of your app.
Competitive mobile apps depend strongly on the development team’s ability to deliver successful releases, consistently and often. Although continuous integration took a more mainstream priority among the development industry, companies are starting to realize the importance of continuity beyond integration and testing.
This book starts off with a brief introduction to fastlane—a robust command-line tool that enables iOS and Android developers to automate their releasing workflow.
The book then explores and guides you through all of its features and utilities; it provides the reader a comprehensive understanding of the tool and how to implement them. Themes include setting up and managing your certificates and provisioning and push notification profiles; automating the creation of apps and managing the app metadata on iTunes Connect and the Apple Developer Portal; and building, distributing and publishing your apps to the App Store.
You will also learn how to automate the generation of localized screenshots and mesh your continuous delivery workflow into a continuous integration workflow for a more robust setup. By the end of the book, you will gain substantial knowledge on delivering bug free, developer-independent, and stable application release cycle.
What You Will Learn
- Harness the fastlane tools for the Continuous Deployment strategy
- Integrate Continuous Deployment with existing Continuous Integration.
- Automate upload of screenshots across all device screen-sizes
- Manage push notifications, provisioning profiles, and code-signing certificates
- Orchestrate automated build and deployments of new versions of your app
- Regulate your TestFlight users and on-board new testers