English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-3030567682 | 482 Pages | PDF | 28 MB
Building on its strengths as a uniquely accessible textbook combining computer vision and X-ray testing, this enhanced second edition now firmly addresses core developments in deep learning and vision, providing numerous examples and functions using the Python language.
Covering complex topics in an easy-to-understand way, without requiring any prior knowledge in the field, the book provides a concise review of the key methodologies in computer vision for solving important problems in industrial radiology. The theoretical coverage is strengthened with easily written code examples that the reader can modify when developing new functions for X-ray testing.
Topics and features:
- Describes the core techniques for image processing used in X-ray testing, including image filtering, edge detection, image segmentation and image restoration
- Incorporates advances in deep learning, including aspects regarding convolutional neural networks, transfer learning, and generative adversarial networks
- Provides more than 65 examples in Python, and is supported by an associated website, including a database of X-ray images and a freely available Matlab toolbox
- Includes new advances in simulation approaches for baggage inspection, simulated X-ray imaging, and simulated structures (such as defects and threat objects)
- Presents a range of different representations for X-ray images, explaining how these enable new features to be extracted from the original image
- Examines a range of known X-ray image classifiers and classification strategies, and techniques for estimating the accuracy of a classifier
- Reviews a variety of applications for X-ray testing, from industrial inspection and baggage screening to the quality control of natural products
- This classroom-tested and hands-on text/guidebook is ideal for advanced undergraduates, graduates, and professionals interested in practically applying image processing, pattern recognition and computer vision techniques for non-destructive quality testing and security inspection.