Computational Methods Using MATLAB®: An Introduction for Physicists
This book provides an introduction to the computational methods commonly employed by physicists and engineers. The book discusses the details of the numerical algorithms involved and also provides MATLAB code for their implementation. Applications of numerical methods to various physical systems including nonlinear systems and fractals are also discussed. Each chapter has a number of solved examples and end of chapter exercises. Solutions to most of the exercises have also been included. The book is suitable for undergraduates in physics or engineering. The methods discussed and some of the examples will also be useful for other scientists and engineers who wish to learn the basics of computational/ numerical methods for solving problems.
- Comprehensive coverage of basic theory
- Accompanying MATLAB programs
- Applications of computational methods to various areas of physics
- Worked examples and end of chapter problems
- Enhanced with animation and sound files