Dive into Combine!
Writing asynchronous code can be challenging, with a variety of possible interfaces to represent, perform, and consume asynchronous work — delegates, notification center, KVO, closures, etc. Juggling all of these different mechanisms can be somewhat overwhelming. Does it have to be this hard? Not anymore!
In this book, you’ll learn about Combine — Apple’s framework to work with asynchronous events in a unified and reactive way that ensures your app is always up to date based on the latest state of its data.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but are interested in learning declarative/reactive programming and take their app and state management to the next level.
You’ll also find this book interesting if you’re interested in SwiftUI — as many of the reactive capabilities keeping your SwiftUI views up-to-date are built on top of Combine.
Topics Covered in Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift
- What & Why: Learn what is Combine and reactive programming and the problems they solve, and how you can unify all of your asynchronous piece of work.
- Operators: Learn how to compose, transform, filter and otherwise manipulate different pieces of asynchronous work using operators.
- In Practice: You’ll gain knowledge on various topics and techniques you’ll leverage when writing your own real-life apps, as well as practice these techniques with actual hands-on apps and projects.
- SwiftUI: You’ll learn about how Combine is deeply rooted within SwiftUI and provides it with the ability to reactively update its views based on the state of your app.
- Advanced Combine: Once you’ve got a handle on the basics, you’ll dive into advanced Combine topics such as Error Handling, Schedulers, and Custom Publishers.
By the end of this book, you’ll be a pro in building full-fledged applications using Combine’s various abilities.Homepage