English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800561991 | 205 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 18 MB
Get up and running with Roblox development and discover professional guidance for working with Roblox components and Lua programming
Roblox is a massive platform like no other for both playing and creating games. With well over 150 million monthly active users, Roblox stands out because every game that can be played is made by other members of the community. The best part is that anyone can create games for free and even earn considerable sums of money if their games become a success. Furthermore, there is a vast and supportive developer circle that provides excellent opportunities for networking and making new acquaintances in a tight-knit community.
With this practical book, you’ll get hands-on experience working on the Roblox platform. You’ll start with an overview of Roblox development and then understand how to use Roblox Studio. As you progress, you’ll learn everything from how to program in Roblox Lua to creating games such as an Obby and a Battle Royale game. Towards the end, you’ll delve into the logistics of game production, focusing on optimizing the performance of your game by implementing good mechanics, monetization, and marketing practices.
By the end of this Roblox guide, you will have the skills you need to lead or work with a team to bring your gaming worlds to life, and extend that experience to players around the world.
What you will learn
- Delve into an introduction to Roblox development and various aspects such as choosing a developer type
- Understand how to use Roblox Studio and other free resources
- Get to grips with creating your first game with the Roblox Lua programming language
- Focus on The Three Ms – Mechanics, Monetization, and Marketing
- Get hands-on with developing real-world game concepts such as a Battle Royale and Obby game
- Explore expert tips for collaborating effectively and managing project workloads