English | MP4 | AVC 1920×1080 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 1h 40m | 337 MB
Increase the chances of a successful cloud project by becoming fluent in cloud computing: benefits, pitfalls, and jargon
Are you currently performing a project manager, product manager, SCRUM master, or other business role and wish you knew more about what the technical team is talking about? Do you wish someone would take the time to explain what cloud computing is, why it’s great, and what to look out for when working on a cloud project? This course is for people who are not programmers or network operators but do work in a technical environment and want to learn more about the terms that technical people use.
The core course covers:
- What is cloud computing?
- The most common jargon terms you’ll face
- Who are the big cloud providers?
- What services do they offer?
- The big benefits including cost and time savings
- How to calculate cost savings
- New approaches to designing apps in the cloud
- How to organize project teams
- Common issues with migration
- The shared responsibility model for security
This course is NOT for people who are already deeply technical on the developmental or operational side. Of course, the author welcomes everyone into this course equally; just don’t expect a deeply technical discussion of cloud computing. This course really does aim to simplify the jargon, terms, and architecture of cloud computing as much as possible to allow business people and technical people to speak a common language.
By the end of the course, you’ll be more confident discussing the pros and cons of moving applications to the cloud with project and business teams and understand the differences in the approach to projects compared with traditional hosted applications.
- You will be able to discuss the benefits of cloud computing with others
- You will also be aware of things to watch out for, to avoid pitfalls
- You will no longer be lost by the cloud technical jargon
- You will be able to help your team succeed with your project in new ways